How To Use
- Using clasps, add a liner to your Aliya underwear in the bridge section. The pad can be used with the Oriana and Eve, as well as your regular underwear.
- To insert your Accalia Cup
- Ensure your Accalia Cup is sterilized and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Fold your Accalia Cup by flattening it then folding it in half.
- Relax and insert the Accalia Cup into your Vagina. Your cervix should be above the menstrual cup opening.
- Twist the cup slightly to ensure it pops open.
- Run your finger around the edge and give the base a slight tug to ensure it is sealed in place.
Removing your Accalia Cup
- Thoroughly wash your hands.
- Pull the stem gently until you can reach the base of the cup.
- Pinch down on the base of your Accalia Cup to release the seal and pull down to remove the cup.
- Once removed, empty the contents into the toilet or sink and rinse the cup in cold water.
- It really is simple, rinse them under cold water once removed. Then when you are ready to wash, stick them in a delicates bag and wash them with your regular load.
- We suggest you use the sunshine to dry the underwear. The UV will help to sterilise and kill any residual bacteria and odours.
- You can use a dryer on low heat if you prefer. Be sure to keep the washing and drying temperature under 80℃ and don’t use any fabric softener or bleach on them!
- Your Accalia Cup is not supplied in a sterile state and must be sterilised before use and at the end of each cycle.
- To sterilise your Accalia Cup – Fill a pot with water so there is sufficient water to cover the menstrual cup, bring the water to the boil. Place your Accalia cup in the water for 3-5 minutes. Do not leave the pot unattended or allow the pot to boil dry. Air dry your Accalia Cup, preferably in the sun as this will offer UV sterilisation also.
- During your cycle wash your cup under cold water each time you empty it. Do not use an oil-based soap on your Accalia Cup.
HINT: Using cold water for initial rinsing will help prevent staining and odours.
How do I sterilise my cup if I am away from home?
- If you’re in a situation where you can’t sterilise your Accalia Cup in a pot of water there are some other options you can try; these options are not recommended as the way to sterilise your cup each time:
- Rinse Accalia cup and place in a cup of boiling water for 3 minutes
- Use an antibacterial sterilising solution per the instructions, ensure it is suitable for use on silicon products